2021 Crackpot Cup Competition
Terms & Conditions
(the essential small print!)
Conditions of Entry:
All entries submitted must be the original work of the artist.
· Size limit – 20cm by 20cm.
· Entry fees are non refundable.
· Finalists for each category will be chosen by
judges for the exhibition from photographs and
· Each category will be judged individually
for a winner. The overall winner will then be
selected from those three 1st place choices.
2nd and 3rd place choices will then be allocated.
The “People’s Choice” which will be chosen by
ballot and announced at the end of the exhibition
on Sunday 5th December 2021
· All finalist cups will be for sale and will have a 20%
commission deducted if sold.
· Works chosen as finalists are to be delivered either
in person to:
Crackpot Studios and Gallery, 20 Lawrence Street,
Freshwater, NSW 2096
11 Adrian Place, Balgowlah Heights, NSW 2093.
· All entries must be well packaged with packaging
that can be used for return of cup if necessary.
No responsibility is accepted by Crackpot Studios
and Gallery for damaged goods during transit.
· All finalists must include cost of return postage by
stamps. If the item is sold, the stamps will be
returned to the finalist. Unsold items that do not
have return stamps will be held at Crackpot Studios
and Gallery either for collection or arrangements
are made for return postage.
· All care will be taken with Finalist entries.
However, NO LIABILITY will be accepted for loss or
damage by Crackpot Studios and Gallery during
transit or The Cup Exhibition. Finalists should make
their own arrangements regarding insurance for the
· Collection of unsold cups is on Monday
6th December – Tuesday 7th December 2021
between 10am- 2pm. Entries that require posting
will be posted by Australia Post during this period
with stamps provided by the competitor.
· Uncollected work will be sold within a month to
help offset costs.
· Entrants will be advised if work has sold prior to
pick up dates.
· All finalist cups will be displayed and available for
sale in The Cup Exhibition to be held at Crackpot
Studios and Gallery, 20 Lawrence Street,
Freshwater, NSW 2096.
· Crackpot Studio and Gallery reserves the right to
publish images of Finalist cups for promotional
purposes with the Artist being credited.
· If a physical or online exhibition is not possible or
the event needs to be cancelled, then Crackpot
Studios and Gallery will refund the entry fee to all
entrants (less the merchant service fee cost)
2021 Crackpot Cup Competition
Calling all Creatives Australia wide!
We're excited to announce our inaugural
'CRACKPOT CUP COMPETITION'.
With restricted movements, lockdowns and working from home, what better way to channel your energy than creating an award winning cup!
There are three categories:
Functional l Mythical l Futuristic
One cup per category. (Saucer is optional.)
Maximum: 3 cups in total. Size limit 20 cm x 20 cm
Fee: $30 per cup entry
Include 3 images of your cup: front, side, angle.
Second & Third: $400.00 each
People’s choice $200.00
Entries open: 1 August 2021
Entries close: 8 October 2021
Finalists Notified: 18-20 October 2021
Delivery of Finalists work: 8-12 November 2021
Exhibition Opening Event: 20 November 2021
Exhibition dates: 20 November – 5 December 2021
Winners announced on opening night: 20 November 2021
Entry to the Crackpot Cup Competition:
Please complete the entry form & email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Do I need to be a professional artist to enter?
No, we welcome all creatives
2. Do the cups have to be made from clay?
While our focus is ceramics, the competition is open to all art forms.
3. Do I have to deliver my cup entry to the Crackpot Gallery to be judged?
You will need to email images of your entry by the deadline of
8 October. The finalists chosen will subsequently need to have their cup
delivered to the Gallery (in person, courier or mail) between 8 November
and 12 November.
4. If I am a finalist, do I need to attend the opening night on 20 November?
No, it is not a requirement to be at the opening night. Subject to the
Covid regulations at the time, you will be invited to attend.
5. If I am a finalist, does my cup have to be for sale in the exhibition?
Yes, it is a condition of entry. All cup finalists will be for sale.
6. Who will judge the competition?
The competition will be judged by 4 independent judges.
7. Who is Crackpot Studios and Gallery?
Crackpot Studios and Gallery opened in March 2021 in Freshwater,
Sydney to showcase and support Ceramic Artists from around Australia.
There are 4 directors who are all potters – Bridget Willis, Caroline Wright,
Dana Lundmark and Sarah Robertson
8. Can I enter all 3 categories?
Yes, you can enter 1 cup into each category. 3 cups in total. Each cup
entry fee is $30.00 (total amount $90 for 3 cups)
9. How do I pay for my entries?
You can pay by credit card or direct bank deposit. Information is on the
competition entry form.
10. Does my cup need to have a handle?
Any questions we have not answered, please don't hesitate to send us an email: email@example.com