2021 Crackpot Cup Competition
Terms & Conditions
(the essential small print!)
Conditions of Entry:
All entries submitted must be the original work of the artist.
· Size limit – 20cm by 20cm.
· Entry fees are non refundable.
· Finalists for each category will be chosen by
judges for the exhibition from photographs and
· Each category will be judged individually
for a winner. The overall winner will then be
selected from those three 1st place choices.
2nd and 3rd place choices will then be allocated.
The “People’s Choice” which will be chosen by
ballot and announced at the end of the exhibition
on Sunday 5th December 2021
· All finalist cups will be for sale and will have a 20%
commission deducted if sold.
· Works chosen as finalists are to be delivered either
in person to:
Crackpot Studios and Gallery, 20 Lawrence Street,
Freshwater, NSW 2096
11 Adrian Place, Balgowlah Heights, NSW 2093.
· All entries must be well packaged with packaging
that can be used for return of cup if necessary.
No responsibility is accepted by Crackpot Studios
and Gallery for damaged goods during transit.
· All finalists must include cost of return postage by
stamps. If the item is sold, the stamps will be
returned to the finalist. Unsold items that do not
have return stamps will be held at Crackpot Studios
and Gallery either for collection or arrangements
are made for return postage.
· All care will be taken with Finalist entries.
However, NO LIABILITY will be accepted for loss or
damage by Crackpot Studios and Gallery during
transit or The Cup Exhibition. Finalists should make
their own arrangements regarding insurance for the
· Collection of unsold cups is on Tuesday
7th December 2021 & Wednesday 8th December
between 10am- 4pm. Entries that require posting
will be posted by Australia Post during this period
with stamps provided by the competitor.
· Uncollected work will be sold within a month to
help offset costs.
· Entrants will be advised if work has sold prior to
pick up dates.
· All finalist cups will be displayed and available for
sale in The Cup Exhibition to be held at Crackpot
Studios and Gallery, 20 Lawrence Street,
Freshwater, NSW 2096.
· Crackpot Studio and Gallery reserves the right to
publish images of Finalist cups for promotional
purposes with the Artist being credited.
· If a physical or online exhibition is not possible or
the event needs to be cancelled, then Crackpot
Studios and Gallery will refund the entry fee to all
entrants (less the merchant service fee cost)
2021 Crackpot Cup Competition
Exhibition 20 November - 5 December
Congratulations to Helen Earl,
Winner of the Crackpot Cup Competition!
Congratulations to Jennifer Everett (functional) and
Yegana Jafarova (mythical)
Runners up of the Crackpot Cup Competition
Thank you to the judges, Katherine Roberts, Christopher James, Juz Kitson and Corinne Smith. It was not an easy task with so many outstanding entries.
FINALISTS for the
Crackpot Cup Competition
Araceli & Dominic Adams
'CRACKPOT CUP COMPETITION'.
With restricted movements, lockdowns and working from home, what better way to channel your energy than creating an award winning cup!
There are three categories:
Functional l Mythical l Futuristic
Second & Third: $400.00 each
People’s choice $200.00
Delivery of Finalists work: 2-7 November 2021
Exhibition Opening Event: 20 November 2021 4pm to 6pm
Exhibition dates: 20 November – 5 December 2021
Pick-up of cups: Sunday 5 December (let us know if you need an alternative option)